Thank you for your interest in the Carmel Area Wastewater District!
Currently we are not seeking any new employees but keep checking back.
Working for CAWD:
The District currently employs 26 full time employees and 2 part time employees. There are 5 in Administration, 6 in the Collection System, 5 in Maintenance and 12 in Treatment and Disposal.
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Outstanding Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage
- A Deferred Compensation Plan
- The district participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) at 2% @ 60. The employee pays 7.54% of payroll for the employee's share contribution effective July 1, 2019.
- For employees hired after January 1, 2013, who are new to CalPERS, the benefit is provided at 2.0% @ 62 Formula Benefit Level. Pre-tax payroll deductions will be required. Employee pays 6.795% of payroll for the employee's share contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Post Employment Health Plan (District contribution of 1.25% of salary to tax-free trust fund)
- 12 Holidays Per Calendar Year and 4 floating
- 15 days Annual Sick Leave
- Long-term Disability
- Vacation Days: 14/days up to 5 yrs; 19/days up to 10 yrs; 24/days up to 25yrs
- Educational Assistance
Application and Selection Procedures
A completed application is required for consideration. Resumes are welcome but should be submitted as additional information only. Please email completed Application Packet to email@example.com. (you will need to save your application on your desktop as a document and then attach it to your email). You may also mail or drop off your application at the CAWD Administration Office, located at 3945 Rio Road, Carmel CA. 93923; (831) 624-1248. Selection process is expected to follow the timetable as indicated on the Job Flyer.Applicant Employee Identification Form.pdfEmployment ApplicationEmployee Benefit Package-2021.pdf
The CAWD is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, natural origin or disability. Employees must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States. Employees must be able to pass a drug test prior to hire.