PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS, COVER LETTERS & RESUMES HERE ----->
Thank you for your interest in the Carmel Area Wastewater District!
Currently hiring for the position(s) of: Operator I or II - Application Deadline: Friday, June 17, 2022
Carmel Area Wastewater District is not currently hiring.
Working for CAWD:
The District currently employs 26 full time employees and 2 part time employees. There are 5 in Administration, 6 in the Collection System, 5 in Maintenance and 12 in Treatment and Disposal.
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Outstanding Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage
- A Deferred Compensation Plan
- The district participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) at 2% @ 60. The employee pays 7.54% of payroll for the employee's share contribution effective July 1, 2019.
- For employees hired after January 1, 2013, who are new to CalPERS, the benefit is provided at 2.0% @ 62 Formula Benefit Level. Pre-tax payroll deductions will be required. Employee pays 6.795% of payroll for the employee's share contribution.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Post Employment Health Plan (District contribution of 1.25% of salary to tax-free trust fund)
- 12 Holidays Per Calendar Year
- 15 days Annual Sick Leave
- Long-term Disability
- Vacation Days: 14/days up to 5 yrs; 19/days up to 10 yrs; 24/days up to 25yrs
- Educational Assistance
The CAWD is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, natural origin or disability. Employees must be United States citizens or eligible to work in the United States. Employees must be able to pass a drug test prior to hire.